STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Dushi Korsow - Lovely Curaçao

Are you ready to view more quilts? I find it so interesting to see quilts from other countries where fabrics are often different, as is the use of color. Dushi Korsow (meaning Lovely Curaçao) was an exhibit of works by a small group of art quilters residing in Curaçao. The posted info stated that they all started out as traditional quilters, but have recently taken a more "out of the box" approach, with their inspiration coming from their beautiful islands' nature, peoples and architecture. Here are a few of my favourites.














There now...don't you just feel like you've spent some time in the Caribbean?
Not sure which exhibit I'll share with you next. You'll have to come back tomorrow and see!  ;)

Peace,
Linda

You can shake the sand from your shoes, but not from your soul.....

9 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

So beautiful! I like the 'portrait' ones.

Dolores said...

Wonderful. Thanks for the show.

Jennifer said...

Oh wow......what fabulous quilts, I love how they were all inspired by 'place'.

Stitch gal said...

What beautiful and interesting works of art. Feels like I was actually there!

Lin said...

What lovely quilts - thank you for sharing the pictures. xx

Vee said...

Interesting...very talented quilters! While something I would enjoy seeing, it is not something I would enjoy doing.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Each is a unique piece of work and as you say, different than the traditional quilt we're used to seeing.
Rather like when I attended the World Flower Arranging competition in Ireland last year - entries from European countries were different and in some ways more extravagant.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Beautiful, it was a wonderful stroll.

Jeanna said...

The quilts from Curacao are anything but traditional. I love the houses...reminds me of our visit there a few years ago.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...