STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, February 18, 2009



Here it is! This little baby has been in the works for a while; I decided it was time to make those border decisions and finish it off! I had it done in time to take to Show and Tell at my monthly Guild meeting last night. Years ago, I subscribed to Miniature Quilts magazine for several years. I still have quite a list of minis I would like to make, from that stack of magazines.... this is one that caught my eye years ago and I finally got back to it!! It is from Issue #18, Summer of 1995. They called it "Along the Wilderness Trail"... I think I'll come up with my own name... Any suggestions? It is 9" square, the pieced blocks in the border are 1". The pieced blocks are paper-pieced, as this is the only way to do blocks this tiny, accurately. I have quilted in the ditch, again minimally.

I have been remiss in not saying a HUGE thank you to my friend Gail who has helped me set up this blog. Although she has gone south with the "snowbirds" for a while, she is still helping me from afar...Thanks Gail, I could not have done it without you... I also must thank my daughter Laura for being my "home Tech Support"... She gets tired of showing me how to do something more than once.. I remind her that my brain is not 17 years old and it takes time for things to "sink in".... I tease her that I'm not going to allow her to go away to University next Fall, because who will help me when I have a computer "problem"..??? haha Thanks Laura, love ya darlin'... Speaking of Laura going away, she got her first University acceptance this morning. Yeah! What a great way to start the day!
Piece!
Linda
Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try....

6 comments:

Karen said...

The miniatures are gorgeous, Linda. I make them also, and like you have years and years of "Miniature Quilts" magazine saved (check out Issue 33, if you have it - I'm in that one, plus one other the following year....) Miniatures are much easier to take to class than full sized quilts!
Karen

GailM. said...

You mean the whole thing is only 9" across. Wow, I'm holding my hands about 9" apart on my keyboard, and I can't believe how small it is. I guess that's why it's called a MINI!!! I need a picture of something in relation to it... I know, take a picture of Oliver on it. Oh bad idea, then you wouldn't be able to see the quilt.

My pleasure helping you get started on your blog. Now, what I didn't tell you before, is all the pressure you'll feel to blog frequently. This pressure certainly motivates you to get projects started, finished and posted. :)

Linda H said...

Karen- I do have Issue 33 and sure enough- there you are!! Log Cabin Heart. I love it! Log Cabin has long been my favourite design and I have plans for more Log Cabin Minis... it's just to find the time...
If you ever decide to part with (any of) your Miniature Quilts magazines, please put me at the top of your list...
Cheers,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that miniature quilt is amazing! I can't even imagine creating something like this...
A belated welcome to the land of blogging...;-)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...a title...how about "Bears Don't Poop in My Woods" since they wouldn't dare! It's lovely, Linda, with all those various blocks.

Linda G said...

Thanks so much Linda for posting this mini. I love the side blocks. I have at least two minis on the UFO list. Maybe soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...