STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Friday, February 27, 2009

Amish Shooting Star


Here it is!! Finished! Ready to be framed, or hung, or...? This is a cross-stitch from a kit that I have had for......years... probably more than 20... I'm on a FIFI kick...that's "Find It and Finish It". It measures 4 5/8"x 6 3/8" and is done on
14 count black Aida cloth. The kit is by Cross My Heart. I really liked it when I bought it; now that it's all done, not so sure I like it that much. But, as Judy Morningstar says, Done is Good!
Included in the kit was a black wire hanger, that you would hang the piece from, like a quilt hanging on a quilt rack. However, several friends have said after all this work, I should get it framed or put in a shadow box. What do you think?
Again, I'm not 100% happy with this photo- the colors are more vivid in "real life"- the purple is a very rich purple and what looks like red is actually a rich fuschia - like the outermost "border".... I guess it's difficul to get perfect exposure when you've got black and pale colors too - something has to give...
So, let me know your thoughts on finishing- should I frame it, shadowbox it, or hang from the hanger?
Piece
Linda
I'm in therapy...stitching is cheaper than a psychiatrist.....

1 comment:

GailM. said...

Yes, that really looks Amish. I made an Amish quilt about 10 years ago, and this really reminds me of it. I agree with Judy, done is good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...