STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Drenched and Dripping

When the rain finally slacked off yesterday, I went out with my camera to see what I could find of interest in the garden. Everything was sopping wet and weighed down with raindrops. We've had so much rain, I have plants budded now that normally don't bloom until late July or early August. There's more rain in the forecast for the coming week... I think we'll be growing fins soon...
Okay, ready for a stroll? Don't get your feet wet!



The alliums were so loaded with droplets.




Poppies will soon be in bloom.



I love the way the water droplets collect on the Lady's Mantle.


The poor rhododendron was so weighted down.

Things were a little drier today.   :)
Come back tomorrow to see a new small project I've recently finished.

Peace,
Linda

If it never rains, then we'll never grow. 

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lucky you.....I wish we had your "too much rain" problem right now, things are quite dry here! It does make for beautiful photos, doesn't it?

Karen said...

Beautiful photos, Linda!

Coastal Ripples said...

There is something so special about going round a garden after the rain. Everything looks so fresh and clean. Hope you get better weather soon. B x

Vee said...

Many of us are working hard to keep the grin going in all this rain. Today is thin sun here when it was forecasted rain so my grin may be crooked, but it's there. 😏

Good to know that your garden is happy! Beautiful pics...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love trying to get photos with water droplets on the flowers. Your Alum is gorgeous! What a gorgeous color! Hope you're getting some nice sunshine now! Hugs!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Alliums! lol

2dogs2luv said...

I too went out w/camera in hand & got some nice photos, or I think so! Yours are breath taking. Thank you for always sharing. I know a blog can be so time consuming.

Linda H said...

Susan, I cannot reply to you directly as you are a No Reply Commenter, and I am not on Google +. Thank you for your visit and comment, blogging certainly does take a lot of time, and I find it discouraging when I've spent several hours doing a post then only get a couple of comments.
My photos did not really do the "after the rain beauty" justice. I think I needed a little sunshine to put some sparkle in the raindrops!

HollyM said...

Your photos are exquisite! Especially the rain on the allium. I would have thought we'd be behind you but my allium are all done. Maybe because they're in a warm spot against the house.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...