STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

More Yumminess!

Another recipe for you tonight. And I promise the next few posts will be about quilting. I've been almost living in my studio these last few days, another new project underway. I have other things I should be doing/finishing, so I've decided to use this new project as my "carrot." I'm going to alternate working on it for a week, then the next week I must work on some finishes.. and alternate back and forth. That works for me... Am I the only one who does this? (Please tell me I'm not...)

Anyway, I tried this new recipe last week and it is soooo good. I wrote it down in the fall, and I cannot remember where I found it... whether it was on someone's blog, or where. So if this looks familiar and you can tell me the source, please do so I can give credit (and Thanks!!) These are spicy good, very moist and the candied ginger just puts them over the top for me! It makes 2 dozen, and I think they would freeze well. If you don't care for candied ginger, you could omit it and add nuts, raisins, currants, dried cranberries or other dried fruit.

Pumpkin Ginger Cupcakes

2 cups flour
1 (3.4 oz.) pkg. instant butterscotch pudding mix
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. each ginger and allspice
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/3 cup chopped candied ginger
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup  white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree  (NOT pie filling)

Chop candied ginger. Mix together all dry ingds.- flour, pudding  mix, salt, soda and spices. Add chopped ginger, toss to coat. Set aside.
Cream butter and sugars well, add eggs one at a time, adding pumpkin and vanilla with last egg. Add flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Place in muffin cups, bake at 350°F for about 20 min. Cool in pan 10 minutes before turning out. Makes 2 dozen. Optional- dust with icing sugar.

Peace,
Linda

 "I'm just someone who likes cooking and for whom sharing food is a form of expression."
~ Maya Angelou

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

No, you're not......!

That sounds like a good recipe, we have enjoyed pumpkin spice muffins when visiting Canada in fall.

Pamela Gordon said...

These sound delicious. I've not seen a recipe for muffins with pudding mix in them before. Are you enjoying our early 'spring'? :)

Vee said...

If I had a can of pumpkin, I'd be tempted to whip these up. I even have fresh ginger.

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

The photo makes me smile happily... and hungrily; your cupcakes look wonderful.
And the recipe sounds very interesting. Thank you for sharing!
Have a great week ahead, Linda! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...