STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Friday, March 27, 2015

Another Quilted iPad Case...

Front view
I seem to be the Queen of Small Projects lately.... I guess small projects are better than no projects, right?   :)   Last weekend I finished up an iPad case for Nan of Nanmade in Ontario. I put it in the mail on Monday afternoon and it arrived at her door today! Wow, Canada Post, you ARE impressing me lately!!
I am so glad she is pleased with it. I enjoyed choosing the colours/fabrics she asked for as they are the colours I love best, and therefore had "a few" choices in my stash.... wink wink.... I enjoy small projects that use up some stash (so I can buy fresh and new), and also that make use of several
Back view
of my machine feet. As I was working on this case, I was thinking  "isn't this great.. I've used five different feet".... (You spend a fortune on all these feet for your machine, and how often do you use them? Some are rarely used, so it's nice to have a chance to get them out and dust them off....)
So Nan, I hope you enjoy using your new quilted iPad case! Now I have to get busy on one for my daughter in blues and purples.. Girl after my own heart, she is - she knows my stash, so she knows what colours to ask for...  Haha!
Edit: You can see my other quilted iPad cases here and here
Tomorrow I'm off to a Guild workshop. I'm really looking forward to it as I don't often get the chance to take one as I'm often off teaching somewhere. I have two more seams to do to finish my strip sets in preparation, so I'd better get back to my machine. If I'm lucky maybe I'll have workshop pics to share tomorrow night...


Piece!
Linda

Great satisfaction comes from sharing with others.

10 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Very pretty. Enjoy your quilting event!

Michele T said...

Those are my favourite colours too!!! Love the iPad cover you made... Lucky nan!!

Pamela Gordon said...

I love the colours in this one Linda. It's very pretty. I hope you have a great time at the workshop today. We're off to Moncton to a 75th birthday party. At least it's not a storm day!

Vee said...

Oh I am just noticing your pin policy...must go check to be sure I've not violated it. (I was thinking of pinning this, but won't.) So pretty, such wonderful "fluid" movement in the stitching that perfectly complements the fabric.

Lin said...

What a great case and I too love those colours. I know what you mean about machine feet - I have a few that I desperately had to have and now have been hardly used! xx

HeathersSewingRoom said...

Such nice colours in your i pad cover. I am pleased your post is working well. Congratulations on your win. Unfortunately the mail here is not great and i am currently missing a quilt pattern that has not reached me! So disappointing.

Jeanna said...

Great project! I love the fabrics, my faves as well.

My Maine Blog said...

Another beautiful creation by you!!! You my dear friend are soooooo creative ... I love everything that you make ... the colors are so pretty that you choose to put together. Can't wait to see your pictures from your workshop. Love and Hugs.

Wildflowerhouse said...

I love those colors and the way you layered it. Just gorgeous!

Karen said...

Hmmm...zipper foot (#4), 1/4" foot (#37), zigzag (#20), walking foot...what's the 5th - my guesses are either Bernina #24 or #10. Am I close?
The colours are beautiful together, Nan will love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...