STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Spring... and This and That...

Spring is springing.. slowly... Yep, we're finally getting some double digit temps- they're not high... forecast for the next few days shows highs of 11C, 12C and 14C by midweek. Woohooo! We're getting there, slowly but surely. We'll take it. Feels better than last week which still felt like early March.

I'm getting my perennial beds uncovered, in between the rainy days. Crocus and chionodoxa are blooming, and the scilla is growing rapidly and budding... can't wait for that sea of blue on my front lawn. I love those darling little blue nodding blossoms.

I've picked up a few new followers in the last few weeks - welcome all!! I hope you'll visit often and leave me a comment now and then to tell me where you're visiting from and say Hello!







I'm working on a new Miniature quilt... I think my class last weekend renewed my passion for miniatures. All the way home I thought about all the designs I want to try in a miniature format - it made the long boring drive fly by. I spent some time last Sunday flipping through all my old issues of Miniature Quilts magazine once again (I so wish that was still being published!) I knew I would get more done if I made a list (does that work for you? I love crossing things off a list, it spurs me on to get things accomplished!) I quickly came up with a list of thirteen... and I'm sure there'll be more... Some will be quite challenging, but I also need to get a few simple ones done as well, before my next scheduled Miniatures class (I'll tell you more about that exciting news soon, once it's made public...) So I started a simple "Dove in the Window" last night, and have almost half the blocks done already. You'll see it soon....

Our city library has been closed for what seems like forever for some major renovations, and I've been without a book in my hands for almost two weeks which is rare for me. I have two "on hold" which  hopefully will be available soon after the library re-opens, but I just couldn't wait any longer so two nights ago I started one that's been patiently sitting on my shelf waiting for me - Fall of Giants by Ken Follett. I LOVE his writing, but this one will take a while, at 985 pages, so you won't see the next book review for a few weeks. It's Book 1 of a trilogy and I know once I'm done Fall of Giants, I'll be chomping at the bit to read the other two..
I hope you are enjoying some R and R today, with quilting, or reading, or whatever makes you happy...

Peace,
Linda

 "The flowers of late winter and early spring occupy places in our hearts well out of proportion to their size."
~ Gertrude S. Wister

5 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

You have scillas growing on your front lawn? I haven't seen them around here before. They must look so pretty when all in bloom. The weather is warming up a bit now finally. I've been digging and raking etc. and watching for new growth in the gardens. Have a great week.

Sheila said...

So nice to see some spring blooms such delicate little flowers . Oh how exciting , I look forward to seeing your new mini project . Enjoy your week .

Gwen Buchanan said...

I agree! Lists are a must! and crossing things off them is even better.
Seeing the growth and the flowers is a welcome sight for sure. It is giving us hope.

Kim Stevens said...

When we used to live in the Chicago area I loved throwing crocus bulbs up and wherever they landed I planted them...so fun. Now I'm in Texas and I have to refrigerate the bulbs for two months with no fruit in with them...the food won, lol!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Gorgeous pictures Linda! Looking fwd to seeing your miniature quilt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...