STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Friday, February 21, 2014

Gold Rush! Go Canada!!

Well I'm sitting at my sewing machine today but my eyes are on the tv more than my sewing... The men's semi final hockey game is on - Canada vs USA - need  I say more? No score yet after first period. Come on guys! Put one up on the board. Or two or three... Both teams are working so hard...
I'm working on a  new miniature. Probably not the best choice for today.... I should be sewing carefully, slowly, paying great attention to accuracy...hmmm, might have to re-think this... I should be working on something "mindless" as my mind is on what's happening in Sochi right now...
We've seen a bit of a Gold Rush in the last 24 hours.. Gold in Women's Curling. Gold in Women's Hockey. Gold this morning in Men's Curling. Gold and Silver this morning in Women's Ski Cross.... GO CANADA!!
Gotta go- second period has started.. I hope to post again later today with more photos from the World Quilt Show in Florida.. and I have a finished totebag to show you too...

Peace,
Linda

"Each of us has a fire in our hearts for something. It's our goal in life to find it and keep it lit." ~ Mary Lou Retton, Gold medalist, 1984 Summer Olympics

4 comments:

Linda said...

It was a great game and we are now on the road to gold! That will be an amazing game against Sweden.

Linda H said...

Yes lets hope Sid and the boys can grab that gold tomorrow. Wouldn't that be awesome?!!

Linda H said...

Oops, Sunday, not tomorrow...

Pamela Gordon said...

I heard both hockey games were pretty exciting. I am not able to watch as they don't have TV hooked up here. We are doing very well so far!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...