STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, March 25, 2012

TAST Week 12- Barred Chain stitch

It's week 12 - time again to show you another stitch, and I am caught up once again. The stitch Sharon assigned this week, Barred Chain Stitch, was pretty easy. Some people seemed to have trouble with it, I'm not sure why. It is basically just a combination of a regular  chain stitch with a twisted chain. She also suggested we try Alternating Barred Chain, which just means you alternate sides when doing the spike. I kept my work simple this week, just playing with several different weights of thread and length/size of stitches. You can see I have added some French knots, and beads and sequins as well for  a bit of "bling"...
What I am enjoying most about this Challenge, as well as the actual stitching, is seeing what others around the world are doing. It is so interesting to see the cultural influences on some people's work. I hope the other participants are enjoying this Challenge as much as I am. And Sharon, you must be having great fun looking at everyone's efforts! Kudos to Sharon for doing another TAST Challenge.

Highlights of the week can be seen by clicking here.

Peace,
Linda

The work of the hands brings forth the spirit of the heart.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Well Linda you are moving right along with these. I really like green one with the amber coloured beads. Lovely work.

Life Images by Jill said...

you have shown the lovely detail of this stitch - one of these days I might get back to embroidery again! - one day!
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your comments. Yes WAs wildflowers are simply amazing - and I feel so privileged to be able to photograph them - my passion really.
Have a wonderful week.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Your barred chains are very nicely done! I thought this stitch would be tricky but once I began it wasn't difficult at all. Next time I'll try to make mine a little more barred looking as some of my rows look just like chains. Do you think you'll do one or both of Sharon's challenges this week?

libbyquilter said...

i think adding a sequin or a bead to the bars is a beautiful way to showcase this stitch~!

very nice
:-)
libbyQ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...