STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Beginnings

January 2010 - a new month, a new year, a new decade! Fresh new beginnings. As Oprah said, "Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right". I don't make New Years Resolutions... I just try each year to be a better person - things like getting more exercise, being a better friend, being kinder to strangers, and trying to do my bit to make the world a better place. After the chaos of Christmas, I'm always tired and I look forward to lots of "me" time in January. And new beginnings - new projects, new ideas, new starts. A fresh start.
Now that the kids are back at University, the house is quiet. I took both of them back on Sunday. The plans for hubby to go on Saturday and back Sunday were ruined by the big snowstorm that swept through the Maritimes on Friday/Saturday, so I had to do the trip on Sunday-Monday. Mark is glad to be back in the apartment with his buds. Laura is looking forward to moving into a single room this week. She was dreading the return, with roommate issues and her exam still to be written (this Friday afternoon); we'll all just be so glad when this week is over. We're hoping that she will be much happier and remain healthier in a room of her own. At least she'll have more privacy and be able to shut her door to work or sleep whenever she wants, without interruption. Second term HAS to be better than the first!!
I'm making stitching and CQing my priority for the next few months. It can snow all it wants. I'm going to stay snug and cozy in my little house, sewing and stitching each day. Bring on the winter, I'm ready!
We're watching the gold medal game of the World Junior Hockey Championships tonight. The Canadian goalie, Jake Allen is our hometown boy. Right now it's tied at 3 - 3. GO Canada!!
Piece,
Linda
"Be the change you want to see in the world" ~ Mahatma Gandhi

2 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Happy New Year Linda,

How lovely to have you visit my blog and leave your lovely comment for me to read. Thanks

I have truly enjoyed looking through your blog. Your CQ stitching is awesome. Your tatting is lovely too. I see you have the A-Z Stitches which is one of the books I got for Christmas. I had the A-Z Stitches 2 which is great two but I am very impressed with the first one.

I think Easter has to be one of my very favorite holidays for many reason. I love to decorate for this holiday which most people do not. I have collected Easter Eggs of all kind and I was very very impressed with the super lovely smocking Easter Eggs you recieved from you friend. I have never seen smocked Easter Eggs before.

I could go on and on but I just want to thank you for writing and mentioning PEI. Much appreciated. Hugs Judy

GailM. said...

I hope Laura does well with he exam. She's a smart cookie.

Hey, I see CJ Stitching & Blooms left a comment. She'll be passing through on her way to PEI this summer. I know she's going to love it. I think we're going to be in PEI for a couple of days during the same time.

Hey, did you see my blog. Your Jim Shore calendar has the same picture as a puzzle we did with the kids this week!!!

So this week, I'm digging out stuff to make 3 CQ Christmas stocking foundation bases. These will be coming south with me.

I'm glad to see you will be CQ'ing over the next couple of months. While south, I'm going to do a weekly blog post on my CQ progress. Want to pick a day and we'll both blog on CQ stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...