STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, March 11, 2019

Quilting with the Walking Foot class

For those readers who are local or reasonably close by, I recently offered an "open" Walking Foot class, i.e. open to any quilter who has basic machine quilting knowledge. It is scheduled for May 25. It filled within a couple of days and there is a growing waiting list. So although that one is full, I am still taking names of interested quilters, and I will schedule another open class for the fall. So if you would like to add your name, please get in touch. Once I have enough for a class (15) I will set a date and get in touch with you. Don't wait too long, we are already halfway there. Having your name on the list is not a commitment, just an indication of interest.
EDIT Mar. 19: The fall date has been set, Saturday October 5 and the class is now almost full. If you are interested, get in touch ASAP. I will continue to add names to a waiting list if need be,  and if I collect enough names, I'll schedule another class.

Here are a few stitched samples of some of the things you will learn...

 Straight line designs, twin needle work, radiating designs, matchstick quilting....


.. and curved line designs.. some freehand, some marked, some using pattern stitches on your machine, circles and spirals.... and of course, you'll learn lots about needles, threads, etc.

Quilt On!
Linda

She who hesitates is lost...

"Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young." ~ Henry Ford

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

That looks like such an interesting class, Linda!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I wish I was close enough to take part. I sure would love to learn. Love the quotes. I'm playing with watercolors this week...something new to me and FUN! Hugs!

Vee said...

Me, too, Diane. That would be a lot of fun. Besides, I might get some pointers about what I have done wrong. Yesterday, I killed my Janome. It’s going in for repairs tomorrow. Hope they can fix it. I love those patterns for a walking foot. I use my walking foot all the time. I like it much better than any other.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'd be there for sure if I lived near.
xx, Carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...