STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Where's my List?

Are you a list maker? I am, always have been. At this time of year, I'm lost without a list. With so many extra things to accomplish, I make a daily To Do list, sometimes several.... At the end of the day, I'm jotting down things for tomorrow's list.. errands to run, shopping to be done, grocery items needed  and so on. Before I go out I actually plan my route and list my "stops" in the most efficient order so I'm not backtracking. Am I a little anal? Maybe. But it works for me. It gives me great satisfaction to cross items off that list too...
One of this week's important lists was the Christmas card list. I'm so happy to say all my cards and letters to be mailed are done. I still have some to send by email. It always feels like a huge accomplishment when this job is done, do you feel the same?
We've received fewer cards the last few years, I guess the high postage is discouraging many from this tradition. I love hearing from friends at this time of year, especially if we are not in touch throughout the year. But I have to admit, I've cut some people from my list... If I haven't heard from them for three or four years, then they're gone. Are you doing the same? Are you receiving fewer cards this year?
It's such a treat to open the mailbox and find a card or two...

Peace,
Linda

"What a wonderful thing is the mail, capable of conveying across continents a warm human hand-clasp." ~Unknown


8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well, I must admit to being very slack this year......not one card has been written! Like you, we are noticing that less people are sending cards and many people send email greetings instead. We are packing to go away tomorrow morning so yes, there will be lists for sure.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I make lists for everything! And I hope everyone is a little late with the cards this year...because we haven't gotten many yet either. Enjoy your day sweet friend. Stay WARM! I'm in between books right now...do you have one to recommend? Holiday hugs!

Vee said...

Oh I agree, lists are important...without one, I forget things and must return to fetch them...wasteful of both time and gasoline. Keep listing and I mean that in the best possible way? =D

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I am a definite list person, always have been or many things would never get done. We get few Christmas cards and I don't send out as many as we did years ago. To keep the tradition going and because I like to make my own cards I belong to a couple of card exchange groups.

Andrea R said...

Oh I too have the Lists! Not only do I also plan the most efficient route, I also do the one with the least amount of left hand turns. :D

My card sending skills have fallen by the wayside. :/ At one point I sent out all handmade cards too. I hardly ever got any back though.

Pamela Gordon said...

You and I sure do think alike Linda. I have always may a list for shopping and if I have several stops I list them in order of my route. I even list my groceries by aisle in the store. I know my store well!! lol Until they decide to change things around. I still send Christmas cards but my list also has decreased over the years. I'm still writing my cards so they will be late this year. The renovations kind of put me behind in a lot of things.

kath001 said...

We don't get too many Christmas cards anymore. My husband thinks I'm crazy because one of my favorites every year is not even to us...it's to a previous occupant of the house from a national politician from a prominent Eastern family. LOL It cracks me up that their mailing list is clearly WAY out of date, and I love having a card from the Rockefellers on my mantel. My least favorite are the ones that contain only a signature with nary a word of personal message. I print out a Christmas letter with updates on the kids and grandkids on one side and photos of everybody on the back, but even so, I handwrite at least a short personal message. Of course, quite often they are New Year's letters rather than Christmas by the time I get them in the mail. ;) I have this years letter ready, but haven't gotten them mailed yet. Having company this week is distracting me...we have been to the movies twice in two days so far. Since my husband is working out of town this week, having my best friend visit is like a week-long slumber party! :)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

We don't get or give Christmas cards anymore except for the couple that I receive from my neices and nephew that are always a family portrait card. I make those lists. Last year I started using a 5 x 7 daily planner. Each month has a calendar followed by pages of daily note space. Works great and it's always at hand. I started using it to keep track of Terry's doc appts and the daily temps I needed to log for my temperature afghan.

Merry Christmas...just 7 days away!
xx, Carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...