STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, May 23, 2016

Recent Classes

I love teaching classes but am also happy when I'm finally done for the term. It takes a lot of time to get ready for classes, get demos prepared, samples completed, notes written, etc. But it is very rewarding and I'm not ready to give it up yet. Most of the classes I teach are "skills" classes rather than "project" classes. One of my favourites to teach is the "Miniatures" class. I call it a combo class - combining skills (improving your sewing accuracy) with a project (making a miniature quilt.) I was fortunate to teach that class twice this spring, once for the Mariners Guild of Dartmouth NS, and then for the St. Croix International Guild of St. Stephen NB and Calais ME. I rarely remember to take photos during a class, I'm always too busy getting through all the info and keeping everyone on track, but I thought I'd share with you two group photos that were taken at end of day in these two classes. Thanks to Jackie L. and Lynda D. for sending me these "class" photos. I'm hoping many of these gals will send me photos of their finished miniatures... If so, I'll share them with you...

Photo credit: Jackie Logan




Photo Credit: Lynda Duplissea



 Peace, 
 Linda

"It is the supreme art of  the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge."
~ Albert Einstein 

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

All your students seem to have enjoyed themselves, judging by the big smiles! We use the term 'process or project' to describe a class, your class sounds ideal because it teaches both.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Looks like you had a nice sized class full of students that are really happy with the outcome. I admire you and others that teach stitching of all kinds. You insure that these arts will not be lost in time. I wish that so many more younger ladies would find a love for fabric and threads.
xx, Carol

GailM. said...

That's awesome. Looks like a happy bunch to me!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...