STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy New Year and a Recap

Happy New Year to all my friends, near and far. It doesn't seem possible that 2015 is gone, although I'm not sorry to say goodbye. Nor does it seem real that Christmas is over and I haven't blogged in a week. Looking back, this hasn't been the best blogging year for me; it really took a backseat to other activities and commitments. I hope to do better in 2016. I trust you'll be patient... and understanding, and continue to stop by for regular visits. And, oh yes, you could leave me a comment now and again - that's always great encouragement.   :)
Do you make New Years resolutions? I gave up on those quite a while back. I do set some personal goals, and try to be a better person each year. But resolutions? Nope. Not going to happen, folks. (So consider yourself off the hook from confessing your resolutions to me, too.  Thanks. I knew you'd like that.)
Photo Credit: Sandra MacMillan



I thought I'd do something for this first post of the year, that I've not done before: a re-cap of the last 12 months by looking back at some favourite photos. I hope you'll enjoy them. I had fun looking back over my 2015 posts and choosing some photos and collages to share with you again.







January found me in south Florida for 11 days of pure bliss - sunshine, blue skies and sunsets, quilt shows, shopping, great food and even better company.  Sigh.... I literally took hundreds of photos, between the World Quilt Show, the vegetation in bloom and the Lion Country Safari. Here are just a few favourites...





(You can review all the posts and see all my photos by clicking on Florida 2015 on my sidebar under "Looking for Something?" )


February was a brutal month with storm after storm. Not many opportunities for photography except for snow, snow and more snow. It seemed never-ending. I sure hope this winter is a little easier on us.








No matter what he says, my hubby truly does love "playing" with his snowblower.....    :)



In March we were still buried under feet of snow, and having more blizzards, and I was yearning to see green. Alas the only green I could find was in my photo archives so I posted a nice green collage for St. Patty's Day...


It was a good month to concentrate on some good reading and sewing projects. I seemed to be "on a roll" with iPad cases. Here are two of them..



April finally saw our snow melt away although the green was slow to show until May. I really didn't take much notice though, as I was totally wrapped up in our guild's quilt show, Symphony of Spring. What an impressive collection of work by such a talented group! This is just a very small sampling...


Spring finally showed her awesome array of green and other colours in May. She was most welcome!



June brought apple blossoms, a new driveway, a celebration of my 1000th post and lots more spring beauty in the garden... June is definitely one of my favourite months...



I hope you are enjoying my photography, but I think this is getting rather long, so I will continue the review of the remainder of the year in the next post. Until then...

Peace,
Linda

So much of what you are is where you've been....

6 comments:

Vee said...

I do enjoy your pictures and many reminded me that we had one rotten winter and spring. As I recall, we weren't sure if there ever would be a spring and I think the jury is still out on that. Seems as if we went straight from winter to summer without much of a spring. I was encouraged to see that, by May, things were looking normal again. Happy New Year, Linda!

Karen said...

What a beautiful posting - loved seeing all the lush photos. You look so relaxed in that chair by the water! Thought of you lots over Christmas as Polly kept our household entertained...and I know you are missing Ollie :( We take youngest back to X today which marks the end of our holidays, tomorrow is back to reality, and the new year begins in earnest. Let's hope it's a good one for all. The best to you in 2016.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These are wonderful. You had a chance to take some amazing bird photos in Florida. We're having a cloudy weekend but that is nice for a change. It's been extremely dry. Happy New year sweet friend. We have so much to look forward to this year. Hugs, Diane

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I couldn't pass by without stopping to say Happy New Year. I always love visiting here and hope you will be around a lot more in 2016!!
xx, Carol

Sandi Mac said...

Happy New Year!!! So many seem to be very happy to see the end of 2015. For me it was a very good year, except for the very end. Oh well, this too shall pass. I am flipping through quilting books and I am going to see if I can stitch binding this afternoon. All my best wishes, Sandi

Pamela Gordon said...

Happy New Year Linda! I enjoyed seeing your gorgeous photos and collages to review half of 2015. The colours in the flowers and birds are most welcome on this white winter day! Cheers to 2016!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...