STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, April 12, 2015

This and That and a Finish.

It's time I got back here with an update lest you think I've flown the coop! Life has just been super busy the last few weeks so I've been rather low key in blogdom lately. Why does everything seem to happen at once? Life is that way sometimes, isn't it? I've been busy with classes and proposals for upcoming classes, our guild show is coming right up (April 24-25) so we're ramping up for that, the guild newsletter comes out this week so work to be done there too... a bit of sewing, etc.etc. Never a dull moment here....  :)
I can hardly believe we're approaching the middle of April. In the past few weeks we've had snow, freezing rain, rain, ice pellets and not near enough sunny warm days... But the snow is going down, albeit slowly... I guess that's a good thing in the long run, perhaps the flooding will not be too bad this year if we can continue with a slow melt... But looking out any window here, I still see a whole lot of white and very little brown/green. No lawn visible yet, except a very narrow strip along the driveway... I am so anxious for some spring color, I just had to add the bright and cheery "springy" header photo above even though it seems a bit premature. We're a long way from tulips, daffodils, violets or even dandelions yet, but at least I can enjoy them here!!
Front View
My latest small finish is an iPad case for my darling daughter. Now that she has received it, I can show it to you. She wanted it done in blues and purples and because I love batiks, they were my choice once again. I did the front a little differently this time and added a pocket on the inside to hold her earbuds and a few business cards. I was very pleased with the end result and Laura loved it so that's all that really matters...
Edit: You can see my other quilted iPad cases here and here.




Bac






Piece!
Linda

"There is great satisfaction in seeing a thing take shape and form under one's hands, especially if they are made from oddments into something worthwhile."
~ Nella Last. 1945

8 comments:

Vee said...

Spring is definitely coming. I predict big improvements by week's end. There's been a big difference here in just a few warm days. Think spring! Think harder! (And, yes, a gentle melt will be best.)

That's a lovely gift for your daughter. Beautiful colors in those swirly batiks.

Karen said...

This is always a super busy time of year for me too...and yet little tangible to show for it.
The iPad case is lovely, Linda! Maybe some time you can show us how you do your zipper pulls so neatly :)
Great quote to go with your post.

My Maine Blog said...

Good Morning Linda .... You have just described our weather to a tee !!! We have the same scenario looking out the front windows but we are gradually seeing bare ground and hope it won't be long before it all turns green again.

I love, love, love, the colors that you picked for your daughter's ipad case ... just BEAUTIFUL.

Love and Hugs

Lorraine said...

I can certainly see why Laura loved her new Ipad case - looks fabulous - love the colours. Winter seems to be hanging on so I'm sure when spring arrives for you it will be most welcomed!

2dogs2luv said...

I wish you could replace Miss Cindy Day!! She doesn't seem to get the weather right.

GailM. said...

Oh, it's beautiful.

Jeanna said...

Great iPad case. I love the squiggly quilting you did on the back.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Spring is really slow here as well. The snow is gone but it's been cool. Your ipad case looks beautifully done and the colours are wonderful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...