STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Let It Snow, Let It Snow..... Make It Stop!

I didn't get any visitors at my new suet balls yesterday as it snowed all day long - would you believe we got another FOOT of snow?! I didn't see one bird all day.... Hubby was away for a few days so I had to man the shovel... I hadn't realized how much snow had come down, so when I went out to clear in front of the garage door before Mark got home from work, I quickly realized he wouldn't even get in the driveway. Neither driveway had been plowed yet and there was a good FOOT of snow down! Ugh, I don't even want to talk about it...
Today was a little milder, around -10C. This morning I saw a woodpecker and several chickadees trying the new suet. Hopefully they will "spread the word" so more feathered friends will come and nibble....
Hubby using snowblower this afternoon



So here are a few pics to give you an idea what it looks like around here. Just "record shots", nothing beautiful or artistic. We haven't had many sunny blue sky days... but this at least shows just how much snow we have. It's crazy! Driving is hazardous because the banks are so high it's difficult to see at intersections. You have to pull out so far into the intersection just to see if anything is coming, you risk being hit...




View from the  street. You can just barely see the top of the hydrant which we keep dug out.
The lamppost is nearly buried....
Looking up the sidewalk

Yep, we're not going to be mowing the lawn any time soon.....

Peace,
Linda

My favourite thing about winter? When it's over!

11 comments:

Vee said...

Your title has me grinning. I am sure that it is true there, as it is here, that some of the worst storms come in spring, but let us not discuss that when you are being so positive about lawn mowing and all. You sure are nestled in. Don't you notice that the house stays so nice and warm all blanketed in with snow?

Jennifer said...

No, I suppose the mower will stay right where it is for a while yet......hope the birdies find their treats soon! Minus 10, hmmmm....it was 30.8 here just 20 minutes ago.

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Your homemade suet balls will certainly be a big success!
And let's hope everybody will drive more carefully and slowly with all that snow and high banks.
Take care & Have a lovely weekend!

Dasha said...

Oh My! Just look at your garden. I can't imagine living like that. Even though I have spent a lot of time skiing, and seen snow like that, I always come home. You won't like my post today. LOL

Raewyn said...

Wow, the snow photos I'm seeing out in blogland are incredible...they are beautiful but must be such a nuisance and so cold! (From someone who generally only gets about 4 frosts per winter!)

Sheila said...

We have had our share of snow too but I do believe you have broken our record , yikes that is a lot of snow . Hope the sun today will melt a little of ours . Oh well a good time to sew :-)

KaHolly said...

Oh, yuck! Any comfort in knowing 3/4 of the continent is in the same pickle? Glad I got out while the gettin' was good. Stay safe and warm. Spring is just around the corner! So glad you are feeding those little birdies. Don't forget some fresh water as often as you can!

sunny said...

You poor thing! We've had some cold weather this winter, but not much snow. As pretty as it is, I don't think I could live any further north. Think warm thoughts. Spring is just around the corner.

Summer said...

I've never seen so much snow!! stay warm! hope the birds find the lovely food you put out for them.

Mary Ellen said...

I Know the feeling in my part of the world in NL,its the same.I hope you are not getting the winds like we are too go with it.

Pamela Gordon said...

Oh that is a lot of snow. I hope our Mark got the neighbour to blow out our driveway. However, even with all the snow we got this winter it's surprising how fast it will melt when the time comes. Which will probably be another month from now but, it will melt. I haven't driven in town much at all due to the snowbank danger. lol I go to the Superstore and that's it. Take care.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...