STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Another Student's Quilt

It's sunny and HOT again today (insert happy dance here), and I have to get outside for a while and do some work in my veggie garden. We've had far too may wet or overcast days lately so I just have to get out and enjoy some rays and stock up on Vitamin D! But when I come back in, I'll be finishing up the assembly of my little Pineapple blocks. I finished nine blocks, and have them all together in rows so now just have to join the rows. I'm still debating on whether to add any borders or whether to just bind it borderless as is often done with Pineapple quilts. I promise a photo as soon as it is together and you can give me your opinion re. border or not...

In the meantime, here is another student's miniature quilt from the class I taught in N.S. in April. This is Anne's third Mini resulting from my class. She really liked my blue and green Spool and Bobbin quilts so I drew out the block for her and here is her version. Well done Anne!!! Her mini is 10.5" square and she has used two different pink batiks. I hope you'll leave a comment and tell Anne how great her miniature looks!

Okay, I'm off to the garden. The tomatoes are calling for attention...

Piece!
Linda

"Nothing builds self-esteem and self-confidence like accomplishment." ~ Thomas Carlyle

7 comments:

Vee said...

Annie did a beautiful job! She must have a good teacher!

Oh it is warm...a little too for me and way too humid. I'm afraid I was tricked by that fallish weather.

Your new header is so pretty...love the color on the rose hips.

Karen said...

Such a pretty little quilt; I love pink. Some of those pieces are mighty tiny, Anne! You did a lovely job. ~ Karen

Anne Mattie said...

You are right, it was the amazing teacher! Thanks for the generous comments and I hope my next mini is better! Always something to improve.

Country Gal said...

It is humid as heck here today after weeks of cooler temps . Love your header and that quilt looks wonderful ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

Jeanna said...

Gorgeous little quilt...I can't believe how tiny it is. Great job Annie!

Pamela Gordon said...

I think Anne did a beautiful job on her mini quilt. I like the pattern and the colours. I hope you enjoyed your garden time. It was sunny and hot here today (and no humidity!). We had a great day. No baby yet though. :(

Kathy said...

10.5" and super detail Anne. Great job. (Have you ever met a Bali that you haven't liked??
Good student, good teacher, winning combo.
Congratulations both,

Kathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...