STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Another Good Read

Me Before You by JoJo Moyes was recommended to me by my good friend Barb F. Isn't it great to have like-minded "avid reader" friends, who share their "good finds"?  I am so lucky to have many friends who love to read, so my list is ever-growing... All suggestions welcomed.....
Me Before You is well written and has a thought provoking storyline. After losing her job in a Tearoom, Louisa takes on a job as a caregiver to a young man who is a quadriplegic. She and Will come from very different backgrounds, and have quite opposite personalities, but eventually they manage to forge a friendship and come to trust one another. It isn't long before Louisa discovers that there is a reason for her new position being only a 6 month contract and this changes her feelings towards her new responsibilities. I don't want to give away the plot, suffice it to say it is thought-provoking and emotional. You will laugh and cry, feel hope and despair, and be quickly drawn into the character's lives. You can't help it, and consider yourself warned- it's hard to put this book down. And you'll be thinking about it a long while after you turn the final page....

Peace,
Linda

"Fiction reveals truth that reality obscures." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


2 comments:

quilton said...

Oh, Linda, I read that book too. I loved it. I started to read it and just kept going and going until it was done. A very different read, but thoroughly enjoyable. Highly recommend it to all.
I have a stack of books to read while on holidays. Emily Giffin's new book, "The One and Only";
Nora Roberts, "Red Lily"; and Beth Harbinson, "When in Doubt, add Butter" Light reading for the summer months.

Anonymous said...

I, too, read that same book and so thoroughly enjoyed it. I just finished reading The Town That Drowned" by Riel Nason. This was also a good read about events that took place when the Maxtaquac Dam was built.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...