STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, May 19, 2014

Wet Weekend...




It's been a wet Sunday and Monday here. Dreary and cool and wet. Can you tell I'm not too inspired today? It seems we just have one or two nice days with some sunshine and then we're right back to cool and wet. I can't get much done outside with weather like this, I don't feel inspired to blog, or to do much of anything... sigh.... We did have nice weather on Friday and Saturday and I worked outdoors for 4-5 hours each day. My back and neck are sore, actually, so maybe it's good to have a few rainy days to get my ole body back to normal... lol

I have several friends who are away opening cottages this weekend, I suspect they aren't getting much done outside either...








I am trying to finish up my Dove in the Window miniature, the last border is on and I have almost finished the quilting. I am hoping to do something a little different with the binding, so stay tuned. Our final Guild meeting is tomorrow night, so I have a looming deadline, which is a good thing!! Do you work better under pressure? I sure do...









I quickly snapped a few "wet garden" photos yesterday, in between the rain showers. As you can see, things are pretty soggy, but the perennials are growing quickly and the grass has really "greened up" so that's a good thing. That being said, just in case you're listening, Mother Nature, we're more than ready for some sunny warm days now... Bring. It. On. The forecast for the next 7 days is grey, grey, grey. Rain, clouds, and more grey. Overnight temps are still single digit. We need some sunshine and warmth, we surely do.....

What are you up to on this long weekend? I hope it is sunny wherever you are.....

Peace,
Linda

"Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature." ~ Gerard de Nerval

7 comments:

Karen said...

I hate to tell you but our last two days have been glorious sunshine. Today is overcast, but no rain as yet. I've taken advantage of the weather to get some weeds dug up...oh my - it doesn't seem our winter bothered the weeds one bit. Can't wait to see your latest mini!

Pamela Gordon said...

Isn't the forecast just depressing?? Don't forget Notecard Wednesday is this week and the link goes up tomorrow. :) That'll give you something to do inside. Stay dry!

Dasha said...

It has been interesting reading your blogs the last few months. Only a few weeks ago your garden was covered in inches of snow, now everything seems to be blooming. Here we don't get nearly as much variation in the seasonal temperatures, so the garden reflects that. Winters are mostly green as the trees are mostly evergreens. And in summer the grass is brown from the heat and dry weather. Other than that, not much difference from month to month.
Hope the sun comes out soon and warms you up :-)

Lorette said...

Same here as at Karen's! No rain yet... 2 glorious days before this cloudy day. Great days for yard work... sorry you've had so much rain! Would love to see your mini...

Jeanna said...

I feel a bit too guilty to share our weather down here but you can imagine.

I'm gathering plants now to place in pots that will attract butterflies. I was at the botanical gardens recently where they were selling some of the plants they propagated on site. Looking forward to this weekend in hopes of putting those pots together. I'm also hoping to build a container herb garden using at least one of the Tipsy Towers I bought when we were at the craft show in Jensen Beach last January.

Hope your weather improves soon :)

Gwen Buchanan said...


This crazy weather must be some kind of record... and I hope when it's over it is never repeated!!!
We are due for a reward.

Lorraine said...

I know you are anxious for some sun after your long winter but I do like the rain. Here on the west coast we had scattered showers with intermittent sun over the weekend. Have woken to a lovely sunny day today so will hopefully get some good photos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...