STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Sneak Peek...





Good Evening! Here's a little progress
report on my latest "little" project. This block is called Dove in the Window. It's one I've always liked and I thought I'd try it as a miniature, so here's where I am at this point. All 16 little "doves" are made.. the finished size will be 1.5".













Next step is to add the sashing strips (.5" finished width)  and join the "doves" in pairs.







Then the pairs are joined into blocks with sashing and a centre square. Cute, eh? The block is 3.5", finished size. I'm trying to decide whether to introduce one more color/fabric for the sashing that joins the blocks. Decisions, decisions....

Stay tuned....

Peace,
Linda

"If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way." ~ Napoleon Hill

9 comments:

Lee said...

Think of Henny...she would have gone bold... Sweet block.

Pamela Gordon said...

I can't believe each little square is 1.5". So tiny. It's going to be beautiful! Are you enjoying this nice weather? :)

Lorraine said...

Now I know, you truly do have patience!!!

Jeanna said...

Oh my friend, you have the patience of a saint! There is no way I can work with anything that small. I tend to have issues working with the tiny blocks...crazy, huh?

Hope you are doing well and things have thawed in your neck of the woods.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Absolutely fabulous! I love tiny miniature piercing. You're my hero..

Kathy said...

It seems like red would completely take over but...I'd like to see it auditioned! :)

Sheila said...

How very cute Linda, I love that little touch of red , great block !

Anonymous said...

I have always loved this patterns as well. Love the colours you chose.

GailM. said...

Such a sweet block. Love that intense blue, and the red is just perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...