STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, May 5, 2014

A Quick Finish

Just as I was finishing up yesterday's post, I received an email from Gloria, who was a student in my Miniatures class last weekend in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia. She sent me a photo of the Log Cabin miniature she has just finished. Isn't it great!?
I hope all readers will leave a comment below and tell Gloria what an awesome job she has done. As you can see it is about  11" square overall. I love how she has planned the placement of her fabrics - the print and the darkest brown, to give a secondary design. Well done, Gloria! (Yes I feel like a proud parent.. lol)
When I teach the Miniatures class, I give lots of tips for improving one's accuracy for precision piecing. One of the tips is to slow down - sew slowly and carefully to maintain better control. Gloria's Guild sisters chuckled at that one, as apparently Gloria is as fast as a flash - she sews quickly and finishes things quickly. She told me herself, she loves to finish up projects, and has no UFO's (that's UnFinished Objects) hanging around. I can't imagine what that would be like! haha
Thanks Gloria, for sharing your lovely new Miniature with us. Well done!!

Peace,
Linda

"Do not plan for ventures before finishing what's at hand." ~ Euripides

13 comments:

Karen said...

Well done indeed, Gloria! The secondary pattern is very eye catching on a piece this small. Fabulous job (and I know you had an awesome teacher!)

Linda said...

Gloria, your mini is just amazing! I love your fabric placements. I heard it was a wonderful class with a wonderful teacher! I can't imagine what it would be like to have no UFOs...just can't imagine!

Pamela Gordon said...

Gloria's miniature is really beautiful! Great job Gloria. I'm not a quilter but I appreciate the beauty of the art. Thanks for sharing Gloria's quilt Linda.

Anonymous said...

Where are the placemats, the second Linda under comments mentioned this???

Linda H said...

Anonymous, you must read more carefully. It does not say placemats, she liked the fabric placement - Gloria placed the larger print and the darker brown to create a secondary design...

Sheila said...

Well done Gloria , can't wait to see this in person .

Anonymous said...

That piece is a work of art! The sheer size of these tiny pieces are not for the faint of heart. Well done indeed.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! Very well done and eye catching.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It really is a work of art! The light colors really stand out from the shades of color! She did an amazing job and it's something she can treasure and be proud of! What an accomplishment. Well done...to you both! Sweet hugs, Diane

Raewyn said...

Gosh, that is really lovely, such a precise job! Well done Gloria!!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Wow - that looks like a gorgeous piece. Proud parent feeling indeed!

Anne Mattie said...

It was such a great class; I can't wait to try the log cabin but I don't get things finished as quickly as the G Quilter. She did a fab job and she had a terrific teacher.

sharon in Alma said...

Beautiful job on the log cabin Gloria !! I just seen it in person tonite & it is Stunning !!!!!Thanks again Linda for a fun filled day with lots of great tips...Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...