STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Canada takes Hockey GOLD!!!

It's a great day! The sun is shining, the temps are supposed to get up to plus 3, and Canada has won the Gold medal hockey game!! Plus we have two hours of  Downton Abbey tonight. Woohooo!!  It doesn't get any better. I was up a little earlier than normal this morning for the 8a.m. game start and when I opened my blind and saw that golden sun shining across the snow, I took it as a good sign... Way to go Canada! Once again, both our Men's and Women's teams have shown the world that HOCKEY IS OUR GAME!!!
So I've been sitting here on the couch in front of CBC television, wearing my pj's and my red Olympic mitts and cheering on "my boys". Ollie seemed confident that Canada would take the gold so he's been catching a few winks. What a puss!
I'll be back a little later with more World Quilt Show photos from South Africa... Y'all come back!

Peace,
Linda

"The key is not the will to win.  Everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important."~ Bobby Knight

"We all play for Canada!"



9 comments:

Linda said...

It's a great day! Canada is GOLDEN!

Country Gal said...

WOOHOO ! We watched it on the computer as we were in the computer room doing stuff ! Not sports fan here at all but this was the finale event . Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

Lorraine said...

Can't say I'm much of a hockey fan but 2 hours of Downton - bliss!

Abby said...

We are sports fans and Canadians!... My husband and I got up at 4 am... we live in BC and it had to be live :)
Yaaayyy Canada!

Dolores said...

Winning the hockey gold was a great anniversary present for us.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Yay Canada!
Thanks for the heads up on 2 hours of DA tonight - can't wait.
Judith

Lorette said...

Yeah for Canada gold in hockey for both women and men!! Love your kitty photo! Seems comfortable there!!

Sheila said...

Yeah Canada ! So nice we won the gold in the women's and the men's hockey ! Thanks for sharing all the great photos of the quilts , amazing work.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Wow......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...