STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Gift of Music...

Mother's Day weekend! The days and weeks are flying by! Although we have had some wonderful sunny warm weather lately, it looks like the weekend is going to be wet and cool. So if your plans for a lovely outdoor activity tomorrow have been foiled by the wet forecast - why not attend the Fredericton Ladies Choir Spring Concert? Treat yourself to some wonderful music- what a lovely gift to give yourself. You deserve it! We have been working hard to bring you a varied selection of music- we will sing in English, French, Latin, Hebrew and Mi'kmaq. From Ave Maria to show tunes, from folk songs to some humour - we'll have it all. A beautiful song written by well known Cape Breton artist Allister MacGillivray is my favourite, and the Mi'kmaq Honour Song is guaranteed to send shivers up your spine... Why not join us for a special afternoon? The concert begins at 3pm (doors open at 2:15) at St. Dunstans Church, corner of Brunswick and Regent Streets. There will be tickets at the door, $15.00 each. Come and enjoy the gift of MUSIC. It doesn't get any better....
(Please forgive me for the shameless plug...)

Peace,
Linda 

"Beautiful music is the art of the prophets that can calm the agitations of the soul; it is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us." ~ Martin Luther

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I sure wish I was closer. I would take you up on the invite! I love to sing. I love to listen. I love music!

Pamela Gordon said...

Forgiven. ;) I'm not going to make it again this year. I hope you have a great turnout and all goes well. It sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Linda, "Away from the Roll of the Sea" by Alistair MacGillivray is my fav of the concert too. Love that song! Jeanne Kaye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...