STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, May 27, 2013

Ragged from the Rain...

We've had day after day after day of rain and my tulips have suffered... They are beaten down and broken... only a very few are "still standing", and certainly not vertically. I took a quick walk around last night around suppertime when there was a short break in the rain/drizzle. Everything is sopping wet, the ground is saturated and the weeds are growing so fast you can almost hear them grow. I think it will be days before I can get into my veggie garden without sinking to my knees in mud.. Will I ever get it planted? Mother Nature, please turn OFF the tap!!
Although these are not the most beautiful tulip shots I've taken, I hope you enjoy them. I still see beauty in each bloom, even when they are past "their best"...



Peace,

Linda

"Flowers have an expression of countenance as much as men or animals. Some seem to smile; some have a sad expression; some are pensive and diffident; others again are plain, honest and upright..." ~ Henry Ward Beecher

2 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Ahhh...nothing lasts forever but we enjoy it while we can! Sweet hugs!

Pamela Gordon said...

I think your tulips look very artistic in their rain beaten state. It sounds like summery weather is on the way later this week Linda. The sunshine today was great wasn't it? M. got the lawn mowed but there are puddles in spots and the spring that sprung up a few years ago would make a nice pond now. Oh. What a great idea!! I never thought of that. Son planted the veggie garden last week. I hope the seeds didn't float away or rot!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...