STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

To all my friends, followers and readers, to all of you who are mothers and to your mothers.. Happy Mother's Day! Bouquets to you all!!! 

I had good intentions of posting this first thing this morning. However, things didn't quite work out that way. You see, today was my Ladies Choir Concert... I went to bed later than usual last night (which is always quite late anyway) and I could NOT get to sleep. I was rehearsing in my head, going over words, words, words... I'm sure it was after 3a.m. when I finally drifted off.... I didn't hear another thing until I heard hubby say "Are you getting up today?" I responded "Yes...What time is it?" and he replied "Noon". Well I came out of that bed pretty quick... I was supposed to be at the church at 1:15... Needless to say, I did not have time to do a post this morning...
Yes I got there in time, with a  bowl of porridge in my tummy to sustain me until suppertime. The concert went well I think.. one of our better Spring ones, I'd say...

I do hope you all have enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day....

Love and Peace,
Linda

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." ~ Lin Yutang

1 comment:

Pamela Gordon said...

Oh my. Good thing hubby woke you up Linda! I'm glad the concert was a success. The tulip bouquet is beautiful. You were probably one of the few mothers who got to sleep in until noon! :) Have a great week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...