STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

First Day of Spring? HA!

Henry Van Dyke  said "The first day of spring is one thing and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month."  How true how true! Apparently spring arrived this morning at 8:02. However it came with over a foot of snow here at Casa Stitch Lines. I'm hoping it won't last long and will melt away quickly. Yesterday over half of our property was bare and with all the rain we had a few days back, the grass was actually starting to show a bit of green color... well it's all white now... Conditions this morning were terrible, I'm glad I didn't have to go anywhere. Hubby said the streets were in very poor condition, no wonder schools were closed... and we're still supposed to get more tonight!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that  the next storm we
have coming this weekend (!!) does go south and east of us as predicted, so we don't get ANY MORE SNOW!!! I refused to even go outside and take photos today. I wouldn't give Mother Nature the satisfaction! I'm hoping if I just ignore it, it will go away. Instead I'm dreaming of summer and making plans for Prague.... So instead of nasty snowy photos, I'll leave you with a nice spring-y image. Let's hope we're seeing these soon...

 Tomorrow- another book review.

Peace,
Linda

"I glanced out the window at the signs of spring. The sky was almost blue, the trees were almost budding, the sun was almost bright." ~ Millard Kaufman

The tulips were almost blooming...? Okay, that's a bit of a stretch...

2 comments:

Karen said...

Does this mean you've decided to go to Prague? I hope so!

DonnaC said...

Happy Birthday: A trip to Prague is an appropriate gift....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...