STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Friday, March 9, 2012

True Beauty...

I don't know about you, but fresh cut flowers, or having a plant in bloom, always gives me a lift and puts a smile on my face. So I thought I'd pass on the smiles today.. hope you enjoy this amaryllis which is in full bloom. This one last bloomed in January, 2011, and at that time it was quite "stunted" - the stalk only grew a few inches tall before the buds started opening. You can see it here. It's made up for that this time- it is currently 26" from bulb to top of blossom. It's a lovely coral color - very cheerful! It was a "surprise" - that is, it was NOT what was pictured on the box when I purchased it, so I cannot even tell you it's name.. I just call it "Beauty".  Enjoy!


I am linking to Little Red House for Mosaic Monday.

Peace,
Linda

He has made everything beautiful. ~ Ecclesiastes 3:11

5 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Stunning photos Linda! Such a gorgeous colour. Enjoy.

Dolores said...

It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing. It brightens up the day.

Lori E said...

Yours is the second blog I have visited this morning that has an amaryllis in bloom for the second time this year. Beautiful.
My mother in law ALWAYS has something in a vase. Sometimes it may just be branches with buds about to open or it may be evergreen clippings in the middle of winter but always a live display inside and it is so refreshing.

Amy Burzese said...

Beautiful flower and photos!

Pondside said...

That's truly a beauty - I love the colour!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...