STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

TAST Week 10 - Runningstitch

Once again I'm a little behind. It's a good thing we're not in a "real" class or Sharon would be making me stay after school for my tardiness!! But life is busy and my motto is "done is good". So better done and a little late, than not done at all...
This past week's stitch was Running stitch. A very basic stitch. I must admit, at first I was not too excited, but as always, once you get going, the ideas start to come.. You can do so much with just simple straight stitches and a little imagination!
Here is a my sampler for this stitch. In the second to fifth rows I experimented with some lacing as I have not done much of this... All my "base" stitches are perle cotton, mostly perle 5. I have laced with YLI Candlelight, a handdyed cotton, Pearl Crown Rayon and Caron Watercolors. The first and sixth to ninth rows are just simply playing around with a simple pattern in perle 5...
You can see other's work with runningstitch by clicking here and looking at the comments (at the top of post). Sharon's picks for "Highlights of the Week" can be seen by clicking here.

Peace,
Linda

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were.
But without it we go nowhere." ~ Carl Sagan

5 comments:

Janet said...

Hi Linda, I am new to this whole blogging thing, but I have decided to jump right in anyway. I ran across yours and am I some excited about that. It is beautiful. Your pictures are beautiful and your quilting work is divine!! I can't wait to see your next post!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Your running stitches look great and what a nice sampling of this stitch you've made! So much variety with such a very simple basic stitch. Looking fwd to seeing what you'll do with this weeks whipped spider's wheel challenge :)

Raphaela said...

Beautifully stitched again. I love the bold pattern in the middle.

viji said...

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were.
But without it we go nowhere." ~ Carl Sagan
I like this quoting and can seen your imaginations in your stitches too. Very pretty dear.
viji

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

What an incredibly beautiful sampler! Your examples of the running stitch are very inspiring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...