STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, March 5, 2012

Love that Beep Beep Beep...

I love hearing that Beep Beep Beep! You know - the sound a truck makes as it's backing up?! I've heard it twice recently and both times it was a truck in my driveway with a delivery... for me! Today Mr. Purolator-man was delivering my winnings from Janet's giveaway.  Many of you are familiar, I'm sure, with best-selling author Jennifer Chiaverini of the Elm Creek Quilts series. I won her latest book Sonoma Rose! Hardcover, no less. Yippee! I have enjoyed reading  a number of her books so am thrilled to have her newest one! Thanks again Janet! Now, to find some "reading time"... It's snowing yet again.. maybe I'll just curl up for the rest of the afternoon on the couch with my new book...

Peace,
Linda

"The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books..." ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

5 comments:

Shelley said...

Congrats Linda! I'll be waiting anxiously until the library gets in it lol!

Pamela Gordon said...

Snow snow go away.... I've never heard of these books but the cover artwork is beautiful. A good day to curl up with a book for sure.

Wendy said...

Oh Linda, you lucky girl! I have to say I very often judge a book by it's cover and this is a lovely one! Of course knowing of the author and her style/subject doesn't hurt either...Looking forward to hearing about it and of course I will be on the lookout for the book at my local library.

Linda H said...

Yes Wendy it IS a beautiful cover! It will likely be a while before I get to it, as I have a stack of books waiting to be read. Some are loaned from friends, so I feel I have to read them first..

Jeannette said...

Winning a good book and a new one at that plus in hardcover - wonderful! I'll have to see if our library carries this. Enjoy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...