STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It's been Snowin'... I been Sewin'...

It seems like it has been snowing every day for days now...I think Mother Nature is showing signs of age.. she forgot to get winter started until late, now she can't seem to remember to "turn it off"... There's only 13 more days until the official start of spring! However we all know that the first day of spring and the first spring day are often quite different...
 So to keep my mind off this "wintery" weather in March, I've been spending lots of time in my studio... actually today I'm trying to keep my mind off something else too... My constant companion, my best buddy, my "assistant" Oliver is having dental surgery today. He had a broken canine tooth when we got him (from the SPCA) and when he was in for his annual checkup last week, our Vet said it should come out. His gum was swollen and she thought it could start causing him problems. So today was the day.... Of course he couldn't have anything to eat after 8p.m. last night- he was NOT happy, as he is a grazer and often eats during the evening. And naturally he could have nothing this morning... I think he knew something was "going on"... Anyway it's all overwith now, all is well, but we can't pick him up until 5:45. I hope he is not howling and causing a ruckus.. hopefully he's groggy and quiet and being a good boy... It'll be good to have him back home.
I'm finishing off another "variation" piece for my class this Saturday. Finished quilting it a short while ago and have the binding ready to apply. I'll get it all hand-stitched tonight, in between kitty cuddles... I promise a photo tomorrow..
Guess what?? I won another Blog Giveaway!!! How funny. Been trying for so long, and now have won two in one week. This one is a variety of beads from a bead artist in Maine... I'll show you my "winnings" when they arrive.
Oops- almost forgot to say Happy Birthday to Oreos- did you know Oreo cookies had their 100th birthday yesterday?? 
Tata for now.... Got to get supper prep underway, so I can go pick up Ollie! Hope you're having a productive day.

Peace,
Linda

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~ Anatole France

3 comments:

Dolores said...

We've got 59 F right now. I thought the whole of Canada was supposed to have above normal temperatures today. Snow always makes a great excuse to stay in and sew.

Quilting Queen said...

Poor Ollie...hope he's feeling frisky real soon. Nasty tooth!

Marie Alton said...

Awwwwe ... poor Ollie for having to endure such a feline ordeal!

Funny that you should post this ... as I just received a notification from my own vet about dental problems with pets and how critical it is to have them checked out for same.

I personally hate dental aggrevation ... and can appreciate how awful it must be for a pet that cannot totally convey the distress they are having to deal with.

Hugs .. Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...