STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Another Finish!

  As promised, here is a photo of my latest (small) finish. It's a Table Centre, about 20" square. It is another "variation" of the design I am teaching this weekend for a "scrap quilt" workshop. I have done this one totally with batiks (yummm), except for the solid lime green narrow "accent" border. If you are in my local area and wishing you could join us for this workshop- there are still a few spaces available  (contact me by leaving a comment here or get my email from my profile). We'd love to have you join us! It's a very simple block, made up of four identical units which you make two at a time with just a few quick seams. As well I'll be giving lots of tips to help each student perfect their piecing skills and accuracy.
  On another note, Ollie is doing just fine after his tooth extraction yesterday. He was happy to get home and back to his family. He hardly left my side last night....
 I have to say a big Happy Birthday to daughter Laura - she turns 21 today. (I'm feelin' old here folks...) Mark had his 23rd last week... How can that be when I feel like I'm only 30?
 On a closing note, the temp outside right now is  15°C... the eavestrough is dripping and the downspouts are gushing... Ollie is very happy to be lying in the open family room window again... wow- spring MUST be on its way...

Peace,
Linda

"Spring hath put a spirit of youth in every thing." ~ Shakespeare

6 comments:

MissesStitches said...

Wish I lived near enough to come to your class. It sounds great, the quilt is beautiful, and I'd just like to meet you!

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Linda, wasn't that a gorgeous day? I'm glad Ollie is okay after surgery. Your quilt square is beautiful. I like the pop of lime green in the border! Have a grand weekend. Pam

Linda H said...

Misses Stitches, I wish you could attend the class too, but it would be a bit far for you to travel... maybe someday we will have the chance to meet!
Pam, it WAS gorgeous today, wasn't it? Freddy Beach hit 19C!! Woohoo!! The lime green was a stretch for me. It is now just 1/4" wide. It was 1/2" at first, but that was just too much. I like it better now...

Karen said...

That's a very pretty quilt, and I love the green piping - it really works.
We had a wild wind and rain last night - I expect all the snow we waited so long for is gone now.

Wendy said...

Love your little quilt and especially that little popping green border! It was a perfect colour choice!

nlcalendar said...

Love that quilt too. When is your class linda, I might drive down from Woodstock. Tks Marilyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...