STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Hallowe'eeeen...

It's Hallowe'en again! Gee, the year sure passes quickly... Here we are again getting ready to pass out treats... I've only done a few Hallowe'en /Fall quilts and I'm quite sure I've never shown this one. It is older, done in 1996  and I call it Boo! It measures 19" x 27". The design/pattern is from an early issue of Miniature Quilts, which, sadly, is no longer in publication. Although it's been around since my children were little, it's still a favourite and I enjoy hanging it each October.





Somehow I don't find Hallowe'en quite as much fun as when my kididdles were little. I can remember their excitement as they got dressed to go out... what fun.... So I thought I'd share some old photos with you, of my two kidlets - they'll get a chuckle out of these as well! The first one is from 1993 when Laura was 2 and Mark was 4, they were such a cute pair - a bunny and a tiger. More huggable than scary!






















The next one is 1994 when Mark was Batman and Laura was a clown. Interestingly I had made that clown outfit for my nephew Terry when he was little- so it was about 22 years old when she wore it!! And it hung together - I was impressed! I can remember how excited she was to wear that crazy rainbow wig! I can still hear her giggles!




 The last photos are from 1995 and these costumes were my all time favourites!  Mark was 6 and in Grade1, Mrs. Steen's class. I can remember going in to help with the class Hallowe'en party and when they were playing Musical Chairs, Mark's tail got caught in the chair and he couldn't get up.. he was so embarassed! My friend Robyn had made these costumes for her children the year before - I cannot take credit. They were awesome and my kids LOVED wearing them. I have to say- they were pretty darn cute, don'cha think???!!!

Have a safe and Happy Hallowe'en... and, oh yes- don't eat too much candy...

Peace,
Linda

Too cute to spook...

4 comments:

Dolores said...

What wonderful costumes and how nice that you have a photographic record of them. A lot of work went into them.

Karen said...

Love the costumes...especially Barney, as seeing him always brings a smile. (My youngest adored him.) That's a very happy smile on clown Laura's face!

GailM. said...

What fun. Sweet costumes. The kids must enjoy seeing those.

Kathy said...

LUCKY kids!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...