STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, October 17, 2011

Awesome Amherst continued...

I was having trouble with Blogger over the  weekend, getting my photos to load, hence the post being delayed until Sunday. (I've now figured out the problem, I think - finally) As it was, I had to cut it short on the photos, so today here are a few more. I just had to share some of Don's amazing birdhouses with you - I do hope you went to his Facebook album to meet The Corkers - they are worth getting to know!! Edit: Be sure to visit my friend Gail's blog here to see her birdhouse pics.

 Amherst is such a nice little town. As I get older (oh no) I find I'm more interested in things like local history and architecture. I couldn't resist a few pics of some of the Victorian homes. I know older homes can be a lot of work to update, and costly to heat, but I would just love to live in a sweet little house like this first one. Isn't it darling?? 
Bank of  N.S. House, c. 1870. 192 Victoria St. East. Gothic Revival style
Dickey House, c. 1870.  169 Victoria St. East. Second Empire style
 


Peace,
Linda 

Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam, be it ever so humble there's no place like home.



3 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

... a few years ago we had the opportunity to take a tour of Amherst.. I had never been there before and what a surprise.. Beautiful.. and the older homes were stunning.. we kept stopping to take pictures and stare .. we loved the town..

MissesStitches said...

Those are funny, cute birdhouses. And I share your sentiment about living in an older house. . .

Susan Elliott said...

Those homes are gorgeous. Makes me want to stitch one of them...or buy a birdhouse that looks like them.

Love the corkers!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...