STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day! Today, July 1st 2011, is Canada's 144th birthday. I am so proud to be a Canadian. The more I travel and see of the world, the more grateful I am to live where I do. We are so very fortunate. Our flag is recognized as a symbol of a peace-loving country, and our troops are known as peace-keepers. I am presently in Manhattan, and tonight I'll be looking up at the Empire State Building which will be bathed in red and white lights.
Since the maple leaf is a symbol of Canada, I thought I'd share a few of my favourite maple leaf photos with you today... (Much as I love the red maples in the fall, I hope we're not seeing red leaves anytime soon!!!)









Peace and Love
Linda, a proud Canadian

O Canada! Our home and native land...

5 comments:

MissesStitches said...

Happy Canada Day, Linda!!! Did you see my recent post about the Canadian flag?

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Happy Canada Day.
I have only been to Canada once on my Honeymoon. Bet you can guess where we went. I thought your country was beautiful too. And I met some very gracious and helpful people. I left with a wonderful impression of Canada.

GailM. said...

I LOVE all your maple leaves. You have such an eye for pictures. Have a great day.

Marie Alton said...

Hi Linda!

I sooo know where you're coming from! We are ... as far as I can see ... the luckiest human beings ... to be blessed by being born here!

So proud to be Canadian!

God keep our land
Glorious & free
Oh Canada !
We stand on guard for thee!
Oh Canada we stand on guard
For thee !!!

( I get shivers every time I here that part!)

Love & Hugs ... Marie

Marie Alton said...

OOOps ... that would be "hear" that part!

Too fast on the enter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...