STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Countdown to Connecticut...

As you have probably guessed from my absence here, I am very busy preparing for my week away. Things are pretty much under control now for our upcoming Quilt Show, although I still have a writeup to do for our Guild newsletter... add that to your list, Linda. My studio looks like a bomb went off... (no, make that several bombs) as I gather and organize supplies for the course. That's my main focus for tomorrow. I still have my nametag to embellish- we were each sent a nametag for optional embellishing before the class. I have gathered threads, beads, etc. and tonight at some point I will get it started....
I am still trying to work on my Guild Challenge as it is "due" just a few days after my return. Methinks it might be going along to CT with me, for evening work. Of course there is always the usual "other stuff" that has to be done before a Mother leaves her nest.... laundry, food prepared, etc. Laura moves home on Friday and I'm afraid she's going to have to "take over" and do the groceries and cooking as I am just not going to have much time before Saturday morning. She is home for 2 weeks before going back to write her final two exams, and move into her new place. She has a full lineup of things to keep her busy along with studying- a job interview, several medical appointments for her trip, ID photo to have taken and a number of other appointments.
Laura had a very special experience today - she met and interviewed Philip Riteman of Halifax, a Holocaust survivor. She will be "walking for him" when she does the walk between Birkenau and Auschwitz camps. She will soon be writing about their meeting, you can read it on her Blog here. Now that her school year is pretty well over, she will be concentrating on preparations for her May trip.
I'll leave you with a photo of what my backyard looked like on Saturday morning after our April Fools Day storm. Thank goodness most of that snow is gone now and we are again seeing some bare ground.
I will share photos with you when my nametag is done... stay tuned...

Piece
Linda

"Experience is never limited, and it is never complete." ~ Henry James

1 comment:

MissesStitches said...

I think your daughter is very brave to do all this Holocaust research. Such a poignant period in history. Something we must not forget.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...