STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Not Another Addiction!

I'm really enjoying hand quilting. I'm beginning to understand the whole "I find it relaxing.. therapeutic.. calming" thing. Oh no... don't tell me I have another addiction....
The quilt is coming right along. We are making swift progress. The design on the "inside" area is very quick and easy to stitch- no seam intersections that are difficult to get through. Perfect for beginners like me!! What an ingenious idea these circles were. Hurray for Rose who came up with that idea!

Piece,
Linda

"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." ~ Gandhi

2 comments:

GailM. said...

I agree Linda. I too am enjoying it. I started in October at the church, and I look forward to hand quilting on Wednesday afternoons. Join us anytime you like. It's nice there because the choir practices in the loft on Wednesday afternoon. The music is nice and even though they can't hear us, sometimes we sing or hum along. The progress is much slower... It'll be spring before the quilt at the church will be done.

Anonymous said...

I am dreaming of spring as well. THanks for the inpiration. I am hoping to make it to your house on Thursday this week. That is if the weather doesn't mess it up. Linda G

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...