STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving



Happy Thanksgiving....

T'was the night of Thanksgiving
But I just couldn't sleep.
I tried counting backwards,
I tried counting sheep.

The leftovers beckoned-
The dark meat and white,
But I fought the temptation
With all of my might.

Tossing and turning with anticipation,
The thought of a snack became infatuation.
So I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
And gazed at the fridge full of goodies galore.
Gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.

I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
'Til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.
I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky
With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.
But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees,
Happy Eating to all- pass the cranberries please!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Your photographs are beautiful, as always. I don't think we have that much colour yet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...