STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Last day of summer...sigh!

How can it possibly be late September? Tomorrow is the first official day of autumn and another summer is gone... We cannot complain- we had a wonderful summer- lots of hot sunny days. I'd say it was the best summer we've had for quite a while, weatherwise. And today, the last official day of summer was beautiful - sunny and warm, a lovely day!
So I did a little walk around my gardens this afternoon... It's surprising what is still blooming, although most things are past their best and starting to look pretty bedraggled. Certainly my hanging pots and planters are beyond their best... But I still have sweet peas, snapdragons, and snakeroot, rudbeckia, zinnias, and coneflower, nasturtiums, osteospurmum, Japanese anemones and fall asters.... enough for one last bouquet. So, my dear readers, a bouquet to all of you! Thanks for following along with me...

Peace,
Linda

"Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each." ~ Henry David Thoreau

3 comments:

GailM. said...

What a beautiful little bouquet! I too can't believe how quick fall came on. It seems one day I was sweating in heat, and then the next day I'm wearing long sleeves. Gesh.

I loved seeing your newest mini. Wow, it's so darn small. What a beauty.

Anonymous said...

Love the boquet of flowers. Fall is definitely upon us today in the Maritimes. Soon be time to put the sandals away. Lucy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the bouquet. I am also regretting the end of summer and garden time. Can't believe that I didn't get the chance to look at your piece up close the other night. Not sure where my brain was. Linda G

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...