STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm a Hooker Wannabe....


Tonight I have mainly photos to share with you from a current Show in our city. The Heritage Rug Hooking Guild have a beautiful display of rugs in the Gallery at Government House. The Show is titled Art to Walk On and it is on display until mid May. As you can see here, it is certainly worth a visit.
My Mother was a hooker... uuhhh.... that doesn't sound good does it? A RUG hooker, I mean.. and I have often thought I'd like to give it a try, but I cannot find enough hours in the day now, to do what I want to do, let alone starting something else... But I'm sure you'll agree, this is beautiful work.. we have so many artistically talented people in this city... it's a shame there is not more recognition...
I'm a little short on time tonight so am just going to add some photos for you to enjoy. I'm off in the morning to "fetch" my daughter home from University for the summer. I'll add more photos on Saturday night or Sunday so visit again then... In the meantime, enjoy. The four rugs shown here are all done by ladies who are also quilters and fellow members of the Fredericton Quilters' Guild- such talent! In order, from the top, are Fishing Shacks in Autumn by Carole Christie, Village by Jean Ketch, Windsong by Jane Seabrook and Vines, Leaves and Flowers by Ann Price. Come back on Sunday to see more...

Piece,
Linda

"Creativity takes courage".
~ Henry Matisse

2 comments:

GailM. said...

I'm glad you posted this. I am going to see them. I love the pictuers that you posted.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to get a day off (with the car) so I can see them in person but thanks for the preview. Linda G

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...