STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, March 8, 2010

Birthday #3


Today is Laura's birthday! My darling daughter! Growing up as the youngest with older brothers (who loved to tease and torment) I longed for a sister. Never got one, although my Mother told me she did try... So I had always longed for a little girl of my own... We knew she was going to be a girl... actually I really didn't believe it 100% until I actually saw the proof, so to speak... Yes, 19 years ago today I got my little girl! And now she's all grown up! I cannot believe the years have flown by so quickly. Where have those cute little pigtails gone?

Laura was born on International Women's Day, a day of global celebration of the rights and accomplishments of women. Laura has always been strong-willed. It was sometimes a pain when she was little but I'm hoping it will serve her well in this world and she won't be easily led astray. She's a hard worker with clear goals, a mature young woman who is figuring out what she wants in life and going after it.

Happy Birthday Laura. I love you! I'm wishing you sunshine, love and laughter, not just today but all the days after... You are loved for the little girl you were, the special young woman you are now and the precious daugher you will always be.
Love
Mom
A daughter is: the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, the hope and promise of the future.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...