STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, January 18, 2010

The Quest for Pa'ndau


For those of you who enjoyed my post last Monday, showing you this Hmong applique piece I purchased at the Tammachat Fair Trade Gift Show and Sale, I think you would really enjoy reading a recent post on the Tammachat Travel Blog. You will not only learn much more about where these handmade works of art come from and the women who produce them, but also see some interesting photos. Check out the Blog here and read about Ellen and Alleson's quest for pa'ndau in the Golden Triangle (where Thailand meets Burma and Laos).
Piece,
Linda
"Still round the corner there may wait, a new road or a secret gate." ~ JRR Tolkein

2 comments:

GailM. said...

That was very interesting. I never got to the show because I was away. But I'll be sure to go if they come again next year. Did you decide what to do with your piece..

Linda H said...

No haven't decided for sure yet... Sandi Mac tells me she has the perfect Batik for it, in purple, so I'll wait to get that from her and see...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...