STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Kid's Play...er, KIT Play

I'm one of those people whose favorite gift as a child was a new box of crayons. I didn't even always want to USE them... I just wanted to have all the colors. The bigger the box the better! And I haven't changed much - I still love to play with colors. I've just moved on from crayons to fabrics and threads....

Thats what I've been doing today. Playing. With color. I'm teaching my Victorian Noteables class next Saturday for my own Guild. This class is an Intro to Crazy Quilting - for people who'd like to try it out but don't want to invest a lot of time or money in collecting fancy fabrics, threads and embellishments. So I am making up kits for the class, including cards with matching envelopes, pattern, all fabrics, threads, beads, needles, etc.
Today I started "putting things together" - there are 4 different color choices -a soft aqua, pink, peach and soft green. Shown here is what I've assembled for the aqua card and the peach (which isn't real peachy- it's a very soft peach that borders on shrimpy pink... if you know what I mean...) What fun I'm having. I just hope I can get a few more cards completed myself this week. If so, I'll share them with you! You can see a few of the finished cards here.
Piece,
Linda
When creative juices flow, catch them with a needle.

2 comments:

GailM. said...

The kits look sooo nice. I love the soft colors. I was doing sorta the same thing, except I'm taking all the cream fancy fabrics that I have out of various places in my fabric stash. I'm getting ready to make the 3 Christmas Sock foundations.

Anonymous said...

I wish that I had been able to go. How was it on Saturday? Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...