STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Baby, it's cold outside!

You know I love getting mail... I've told you that before. Yesterdays' mailbox produced an awaited small parcel. My friend Sandi Mac who is wintering in Florida commented a few weeks ago that she found the perfect fabric to border my H'mong Pa'ndau. It arrived yesterday.... and I think she's right! What do you think? I love the vivid purple and turquoise!! Thanks Sandi!
Our mild spell seems to be over, with the return of bitter cold and wind chills.... too cold to go out.... good weather to stay inside and sew. I made Brown Bread this afternoon and a wonderful hearty casserole for supper, so the house is warm and filled with wonderful smells coming from the oven... - I'll share the recipe with you tomorrow...
Piece,
Linda
"Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together." ~ Vista Kelly

2 comments:

Laura Hubbard said...

Can you send me some of the brownbread, please???? :)

GailM. said...

Ha Ha... the smells of home, right Laura. I love brown bread too, especially with a Casserole.

That Sandi, she's a good egg. I really like the fabric. I hope to meet up with her in Fl at a quilt show in March.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...