STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Busy Days....

Much has happened since I last posted. First of all, I have finished a small piece of CQ - and it's been a long time since I've shown you any stitchery at all, so it's time! This is just a small block which I have mounted in a frame card. I am trying to get some new samples done, for the classes I will be teaching at Quilt Canada 2010 in Calgary next April. One of these classes, called "Victorian Noteables" is a quick intro to CQing; the resulting small quick blocks will be mounted into notecards by day's end. I am also teaching this class for my own Guild in January, so am working away at getting some new ones done so the students will have lots of ideas and inspiration. I much prefer rich deep colors but decided I should have some lighter ones as well, so here is a pale green one. Once I've done a few more of these small pieces I will get back at a larger piece - I find if I "warm up" a bit first, my stitching improves and becomes more even...

Yesterday I travelled to Quispamsis to judge the Kennebecasis Valley Quilters' Guild's 29th annual Quilt Show and Sale. I have great admiration for this Guild, putting on a big show every year. This one will not disappoint... many beautiful quilts and smaller pieces await your viewing pleasure!

Although it was scheduled for last week, my parent's home next door was demolished two days ago. I must say, it was a bit emotional for me. My brothers and I watched as it came down- the fellow doing the work sure knows his stuff and it only took about 15 minutes. They started hauling the debris away immediately, and now two days later, the "hole" is filled in and levelled off - you would hardly know a house stood there for 66 years. It certainly seems different but I guess we'll get used to it. I'm going to fill the days ahead with lots of time in my studio, and taking the advice of a good friend, each time I look across to that vacant lot, I'll be thinking of all the good memories. I was so blessed to grow up in a warm loving family in that cozy little house.

Peace,
Linda

Cherish your family for they are your treasure. A storehouse of riches...wealth beyond measure.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...