STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Way too Busy....

It's been a crazy weekend...I haven't stopped all weekend, but I did accomplish a lot. Got more gardening jobs finished, many plants into the ground, some housecleaning and laundry and other boring stuff done, more done on my current sewing project... Mark had an out of town friend visit for the weekend, and Laura the Graduate is almost ready for Prom! Because she is on Grad Class Executive, she has been very busy with Prom preparations... This time tomorrow night, it will be all over..Thank the Lord! (Did I SAY that??) We both have to be down at the Delta Ballroom at 9 a.m. tomorrow to start decorating.. I am so tired NOW... don't know how I'm going to get through tomorrow.. (I am currently drinking a stiff drink in hopes it will knock me out so I'll sleep better tonight...)
Being on this Committee has been a "life learning experience" for dear daughter - she has learned about the "do-ers"and those who do nothing but complain. Laura has worked hard and done far more than her share of the work, while several of the others have done almost nothing...very frustrating .... just like "real life". Laura is a do-er and has certainly stepped up to the plate.. I am so proud of her. I think she'll be just as glad as I will when tomorrow is over.. We're both worn out. So.. no pics today, but hopefully tomorrow night, I'll have a few Prom pics to share with you. There are 10 couples coming here tomorrow for pics before Prom, we're just praying the predicted rain is over by then...
Stay tuned....
Piece,
Linda
A daughter is... a joy bringer, a heart warmer, a memory maker. A daughter is Love...

1 comment:

GailM. said...

Oh, man it's a life lesson that she's going to realize early, isn't it. The real skill now is to help those who are not do-ers become more productive. Little by little, she'll help motivate others to do more... Good luck this week. I'm anxious to see the pictures. Rain Rain go away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...