STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Friday, April 24, 2009

River's rising...

Well, it's Friday, and the sun is shining! Hurray! We've had a fair bit of rain, and the river is rising. They think it may reach flood levels (again!) today... and we're supposed to get really warm temps over the weekend..trouble for the flood zone- more snowmelt from northern NB...but sure nice for those of us who are longing for some real spring weather.
I'm off today on my last teaching trip for this season. I'll be home tomorrow night, and then I'll be in a frenzied state- getting ready for Mark to arrive home for the summer, and getting ready to head to Ontario. My flights are booked and the rental car is reserved, so at least the main things are done. But I still have canvassing to finish, two "Choir" practices next week - one for Ladies Choir and the other (at my house- what was I thinking??!!) for a group I used to sing with in the 70's- we are reuniting for one performance in a Variety Show at our old Junior High School which is being torn down and replaced with a new building. So, next week will be hectic...
Hope you all have a nice weekend.... Later....
Piece,
Linda

If you awake and see the sunrise bathing earth in red and gold, as you gaze you'll somehow find it brings a washing of the soul.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...