STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Saturday, April 18, 2009

I'm back...

Thank you for being patient.. I have returned from a very difficult few days away for my friend's wake and funeral. It was tough- I got home late last night feeling totally drained, both physically and emotionally. I have never hugged so many people and shed so many tears. During what had to be the hundredth hug her Mom and I shared, her Mom whispered to me "I feel I'm drawing great strength from you"... that made it all worthwhile - knowing I was helping her through it. Guess thats why I feel so drained.
It was sooo hard to get out of bed this morning, after yet another night with very little sleep, to teach a full day class. I sure did not feel like standing on my feet all day, but got through it. I don't think I gave them my usual level of energy and enthusiasm, but they all seemed to leave happy.. Then I had to rush home, gobble some supper and go to a friends' home to babysit a 3 month old little guy. Holding that sweet little boy in my arms for several hours was just what I needed! Gazing into his big blue eyes, I was remembering how much Sandy loved her Ben, and being a Mother. And she was SUCH a great Mom....
Well, I'm exhausted, and ready to head to bed. I sure could use a good solid 8 hours or more of sleep. I hope to be back on here in a day or two, showing you some more Stitch Samplers. And I must get back to some more stitching on my Stocking....Stay tuned...

Peace,
Linda

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy - they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom" ~ Marcel Proust

2 comments:

GailM. said...

I bet it's hard to gather up the gusto, and try to get the energy going. What a tough week you've had. I hope you get some rest on this beautiful sunny Sunday. I'm glad your back.

bargello said...

I agree with Gail, and remember the sunshine in relation to Sandy, and it will help. There are certainly rewards in comforting Sandy's Mom. You must feel good about the reciprocal strength...
Welcome home,
Kathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...