STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Friday, February 13, 2009


Welcome to my Blog!
I hope you will stop by to visit often to check out what I'm up to! I will be sharing with you, my quilting projects, what I'm currently working on, photos of my work, the odd favorite recipe and who knows what else!
On my sidebar, you'll find my Gallery which will be added to regularly, a list of other blogs of interest and my favorite websites, a list of some of the recent books I have enjoyed, and I will no doubt add other things as I go on...
I have always regretted never having kept a list of all the books I have read over the years, so I have started the list below, of those I can remember reading recently. Feel free to send me your suggestions, of good books you have enjoyed!
One of my dreams when I was a young, was to be a photographer for National Geographic. This never came to be, although I certainly enjoy photography as a hobby. I have added, on my sidebar, the National Geographic "POD" - that's "Picture of the Day". I hope you will enjoy them- it will be a new pic every day- click on it for a larger view, and an explanation...
I have started this Blog for several reasons- firstly so prospective students can "find me" and view my work and that of some students. Secondly I thought this might "spur me on" to accomplish more, if I commit to blogging regularly and showing you what I'm working on.... My goal is to blog several times a week... we'll see how that goes! My third reason is purely selfish- simply to keep a record of my work.. and life.
I will be adding several more Galleries shortly, one with photos of some of my Miniature Quilts, and another showing "regular quilts". Check back often....
Tomorrow is Valentines Day.. a day I don't really believe in - we should be showing those we love that they are special EVERY day! But I am working on a special little Miniature for the "day of love", so check back in a day or two to see it.
Until then......
Piece!
Linda
Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, and forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

4 comments:

GailM. said...

Hey, I know that door. What a lovely picture of your winter wreath. Congratulations on getting your blog up and running. I'm going to look in the galleries now.

Anonymous said...

Way to go with getting yourself online, Linda. I envy you girls who can write your thoughts so well!

Potpourri said...

How nice to read your blog Linda. I'll follow it with interest.
BTW if you use Goodreads you can list all the books you have read, want to read etc. www.goodreads.com

Now I am going to look at you gallery

Linda G said...

Congratulations on the blog. Another place for me to go to be inspired!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...