STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Friday, February 27, 2009

Labour of Love....

Twenty years ago tonight, I was "thoroughly involved" in a labour of love... yes, I was in labour for my firstborn- a son, Mark Kelly Hubbard. I remember it very well- it was a very cold day, but sunny and bright. I was two weeks overdue and more than ready to have the entire process overwith!! I won't bore you with the details, suffice it to say Mark was born at 1:06 a.m. on Feb. 28th.

Here is one of the first professional photos I had taken of him - we did them in October as a surprise for Daddy for Christmas - Mark would have been 8 months old- isn't he cute? And look at me- that BROWN hair - where did that ever go to? Guess that proves that grey hair comes from children! We lived in the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia at the time- this was taken by Blaine MacCall of Hantsport.



It's true what they say, time flies! I can't believe Mark turns 20! Here he is on his first birthday - a photo that I had cut into an oval- hence the weird shape here... He had such fun with his birthday cake- chocolate cake with boiled icing. I put a piece in front of him in his highchair, and let him go at it. Those little fingers sure were sticky!! Chocolate cake is still the cake of choice for all family birthdays. I guess we're a family of chocolate lovers....

Where do the years go? How can this sweet little guy be all grown up- yes, over 6 feet tall now? Time is passing much too quickly and when I look back at pics like this, I realize just how many years have flown by....of course I'm not getting any older... yeah, right!

Check back tomorrow to see what the birthday boy looks like now...
Happy Birthday, my darling son! I love you!
Piece,
Linda
With every little baby's birth, a bit of stardust falls to earth......

1 comment:

GailM. said...

Oh, Linda. What sweet pictures. It's amazing how time flies. That is an awsome picture of you and Mark. I love reading your blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...